The Republican nomination isn’t the only major voting event taking place right now, and depending on your political leanings, you might even say THIS ONE is more important! That’s right -- the 2012 Industry Awards are upon us, and today is the day we start down the road to selecting and recognizing the best our industry has to offer.
As we do every year, we looked at the awards process and found ways to make even more representative of the greatness of our mobile electronics industry. Last year we allowed consumers to be part of the process, and that will continue. This year, we’re growing in the other direction, with new awards for both vendors and top sales representatives.
In all, here are the awards we’re dolling out this year:
• Retailers of the Year (four awards given)
• Installer of the Year
• Expeditor of the Year (NEW)
• Sales Representative of the Year (NEW)
• Rep Firm of the Year (NEW)
Vendor Awards (IMPROVED):
• Best Technical Support
• Best Marketing Support
• Best Sales Support
• Best Warranty Support
• Best Retail Protection
• Vendor of the Year
We’ve got a new page on our site, me-mag.com that explains it all, but here’s the quick and dirty:
• Starting today, reps can nominate retailers and installers to be part of the Top 50 Retailers and Top 100 Installers lists.
• Also starting today, retailers can nominate individual sales reps to be a finalist for Sales Representative of the Year.
May is when it really starts to get fun! In fact, we’re giving the upcoming voting frenzy the highly original name of May Mayhem! (We thought of May Madness, but a quick call from the NCAA nixed that idea.) Here’s what’s going on:
• In May, the entire industry (including consumers!) can vote to narrow the Top 50 Retailers and Top 100 Installers down to the Top 12 of each.
• Also, retailers can select from the final list of nominees and select the Sales Rep of the Year.
• Finally, retailers can select their top vendors in five service categories: Technical Support, Marketing Support, Sales Support, Warranty Support and Retail Protection.
Along the way, we will honor the Top 50 Retailers and Installers, the Top 12 Retailers and Installers, and the Top 5 Vendors in each of the five categories.
So, here’s your call to action: if you are a retailer or installer and you’ve got what it takes to be Retailer of the Year or Installer of the Year, get with your rep and have them go to www.me-mag.com/awards to nominate you. Each rep can only nominate a limited number of candidates, so be quick!
If you are a rep who takes care of your customers, talk to the owners of the shops you service and have them go to www.me-mag.com/awards to nominate you!
These nominations end April 26, so act fast!